A system of game methods and techniques has been selected for preschool age, through which the youngest students from PSS “Evlogi and Hristo Georgievi” enter the world of English. Funny stories, funny characters and memorable songs help children learn the basics of the language, plus games and role-playing situations that contribute to understanding and loving it.
Audio-lingual skills (auditory comprehension and speaking) develop initially, as theuse of the native language of the students is minimized.
For students from 1st to 4th grade, modern educational systems are used, which provide quality learning and upgrading of the acquired knowledge and skills in English. Based on the spiral principle, with the help of songs, role-plays, music and fun situations, students learn, develop and practice basic language competencies. (speaking, listening, reading, writing), tailored to their age group. Prepared in this way, at the end of the fourth grade, learning English as a second foreign language, students will cover a minimum level of A1 +.
Students in grades 5–7 continue their linguistic education in modern teaching materials, which not only allow a smooth and flexible transition between different educational and language levels, but also expand their understanding of the world around them and introduce them to intercultural differences. In the teaching of students in English, various methodological and educational techniques are applied, which ensure the acquisition of new and lasting knowledge, as well as the consolidation of already known lexical and grammatical constructions. During the learning process, the basic language competencies (speaking, listening, reading, writing) are developed, with an emphasis on literary pronunciation. Serious attention is paid to the teaching of speech, so that the students from PSS “Evlogi and Hristo Georgievi” can use correct spoken forms. Thus, the training enables students at the end of 7th grade, learning English as a second foreign language, to cover level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
The proposed training in English at PSS “Evlogi and Hristo Georgievi” applies the modern vision of dynamic personal growth and development, stimulates the analytical and independent approach to language learning, which is a guarantee of success and future realization in a multicultural business environment.
For high school students in grades 8-12, English language training is a natural continuation of the learning process from previous levels.
Well-established international educational systems, which have proven their effectiveness over time, are selected, which contribute to the full development and smooth development of the language potential of high school students. We are working on upgrading the four main linguistic skills, with the aim of achieving level B2 – C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, depending on the entry language level of high school students, which is established by individual diagnostic methodology.
The development of projects is encouraged, including in digital format, dedicated to various topics in accordance with the age, the topics set in the educational systems and aids, as well as in the recommendations of the Ministry of Education and Science for learning English as a second foreign language.
PSS “Evlogi and Hristo Georgievi” strives to offer the best of modern methods to its students in teaching English in a relaxed atmosphere and friendly environment to be competitive, capable, knowledgeable and successful in their future endeavors, regardless of the chosen sphere of development.
10 REASONS TO ENROLL YOUR CHILD IN OUR SCHOOL:
1. Training according to the State educational standards and curricula;
2. Upgrading the knowledge and skills in mathematics and Bulgarian language by expanding the curriculum with additional collections and manuals;
3. Intensive foreign language training with a choice of Chinese and Russian with hours 10 per week for primary and lower secondary stage and 18 hours per week for secondary stage;
4. English language training as a second foreign language, from a preparatory group and 1. class up to 12. class;
5. Practical use of the acquired knowledge and skills through work on group projects;
6. Individual profiling depending on the interests of the student by inclusion in various clubs by interests – piano, logic tasks, foreign languages, karate, dance, etc .;
7. Development of critical thinking skills as a key competence of our time;
8. Development of audience speaking skills and presentation skills;
9. Development of soft skills – personal habits, language, way of communication, task management, relationships with classmates, parents and teachers;
10. Selected and motivating learning environment.